The Seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.
Why is preschool science important?
Children are curious, and their questions about life around them are unending. An answer often leads to the next question. This is why preschool science is such a vital part of their development because they are at a stage where they are ‘building the blocks’ for knowledge, information, and judgment.
A good preschool science program should help the child form their own opinions, rather than taking that of others as facts. It should help the child develop patience and perseverance. As the child discovers new things, a good science program should also open new possibilities of research, with great anticipation of new findings.
As a guide, help the preschooler
1. Explore materials, events, and objects
2. Ask questions and investigate them
3. Observe, describe and record observations
4. Identify patterns, and relationships
5. Work together (sharing, discussions, and ability to listen to team members)
Hope these worksheets are a great start to preschool discoveries.